7-YEAR-OLD BURNT WHILE MAKING TEA FOR TEACHER!

A TEACHER asked her Grade 2 pupils to boil water and make her a cup of tea. But it all went horribly wrong! The kettle with boiling water fell on Mbali Khumalo (7) and burned her left leg.

Now her furious family wants the Department of Education to explain whether kids go to school to learn or to make tea.

“Mbali is now ashamed to wear dresses because other kids are making fun of her leg,” said angry grandmother Phillys Rammoki.

She said although it’s cold, Mbali still suffers from the burning pain.
A TEACHER asked her Grade 2 pupils to boil water and make her a cup of tea. But it all went horribly wrong! The kettle with boiling water fell on Mbali Khumalo (7) and burned her left leg.
Phillys said what made them even angrier was that the Carter Primary School in Alexandra, Joburg was not willing to take responsibility.

“Mbali was hospitalised and they never contributed to her medical bills,” Phillys said.

She said the school has been taking them from pillar to post since the incident.

“The teacher must explain who gave her the right to make our children handle hot water when she’s supposed to be teaching them,” she said.

“It shows that our children are not safe at school.”

The school last made headlines in 2012 when a tree fell on the legs of a Grade R pupil inside the school yard.

His legs had to be amputated.

Phumla Sekhonyane of the Gauteng Department of Education said they were aware of the case and considered it a very serious matter.

A district official has already been sent to the school to talk to the staff.

“The matter concerning the particular teacher has been referred to our labour relations section,” she said.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *