Phillip Chiyangwa injured and hospitalised after mansion caught fire.

FLAMBOYANT Harare businessman Philip Chiyangwa was reportedly injured when a fire razed his Borrowdale house Friday morning.

The former Mashonaland West Zanu PF chairman who, according to his son Bruce was the only one injured, was reportedly admitted at a private clinic in Harare.

The fire is said to have started in the tycoon’s bedroom before spreading to other parts of the mansion.

Chiyangwa was reportedly not at home when the inferno started but soon turned up and got injured by broken glass as he tried to retrieve documents from his bedroom.
Phillip Chiyangwa injured and hospitalised after mansion caught fire.
He was later seen leaving for medical attention at a city private clinic.

Harare Fire Brigade Assistant divisional officer Herbert Chipidza said the fire was may have been started by an electrical fault.

“According to our assessments, although it is not clear what could have caused the fire, we suspect an electrical fault,” Chipidza told the media

“The rooms were blocked in smoke when we arrived, but we managed to put out the fire in about three to five minutes.”

Chiyangwa was not answering his phone on Friday but the family said they were not suspecting any foul play.

“The fire was caused by an electrical fault and property worth a lot of money was destroyed,” said a Stewart Ajisa who answered one of the businessman’s mobile phones..

“We are not suspecting any foul play.”

The worst hits part of the mansion included the main bedroom, kitchen, lounge and a downstairs office.

Chiyangwa's white mansion, complete with helipad, is one of Harare's landmarks, second only to Mugabe's pagoda style mansion in nearby Borrowdale Brooke suburb.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *